Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Madrid, Spain

Once I left Barcelona, I took the high-speed train to meet up my parents and their friends in Madrid. Madrid is little less touristy than Barcelona, thus my Spanish skills of a retarded 10-year old came in a little more handy here. Madrid is a nice city much like Barcelona in regard to the architecture and culture. I did enjoy some more patatas bravas (tapas) mostly by myself since old Indian parents tend to shy away from food that is not in their comfort zone. It was good to see my parents and people I rarely see, so I couldn’t complain about how tired I was from the previous days’ events. Teehee.

People in Madrid, Madrileños, speak with a distinctive lisp. They even make words that have non-‘s’ sounds all lispy (word?). Conclusion: The women sound ok, but the men sound a tad homo. The nightlife is raging along the areas of Gran Via and Puerta del Sol. I didn’t get to really go out since I was babysitting old Indian parents most of the time. That is not a conflicting statement.

We also were able to tour the Real Madrid Football stadium. Personally I think it was nicer for the reason that the people on the tours get to sit in the players seats on the field. I couldn’t buy any memorabilia as I would be doing the better English team a disservice as a fan. One thing we did not do was tour ‘Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas’ which is known for its Bullfighting events. What is not appealing about a 500 kg bull getting gored to death by a human less than half it’s size? Guffaw.

Pics from Madrid

No comments: