Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Paris, France

After Queen's Day it was off to the City of Lights to round out the weekend. Somehow, I managed to get a first-class train down there.

Siobhan and I ended up staying near all of the touristy areas that inflate the price of everything known to man. The good part about this was that we could see the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower from the hotel room.

Paris is a nice city with alot to see and is best explored on foot...alas it is alot of walking. All in all, I think I walked about 10-12 km in two days of being there (lost count somewhere in there). Site highlights include (no particular order): The Arc of Triomphe, Musee de l'Armee in the Hotel National Des Invalides (Napolean's resting place), Sacre Couer Basilica (highest point in the city--good views) and the Montmartre District that is as French as you can get, Notre Dame Cathedral, The Louvre, Ecole Militaire, Avenue Champs Elysses, street-performers, a little bit of the Latin Quarter, Me (yeah, thats right, I said it), Le Grand and Le Petit Palais, other cool buildings, interesting French food, parks, gardens, pretty flowers, and of course The Eiffel Tower.

Along the way, I found some grass that looked good to lay on. I didn't think twice.


People in France are exactly how we think they are: they smell terrible, the men are douchey (is that a word?) and the women... well, the women I have encountered are gorgeous. Some of which annoy the hell out of you when they talk,
but hey, they're still gorgeous.

Paris Pics

Too bad I caught a pretty nasty cold in the middle of it all or it could have been better. For those who wonder, I have don't know when I am leaving Holland, so don't ask me. I do,however, think it will be soon.

No comments: